Mid-Year Marketing Review
The summer is upon us, and with kids out of school and vacations in progress, things can be hectic. However, summer is the perfect time to sit down and assess your marketing plan.
You probably started developing this year’s plan in Q3 and Q4 of last year, spending time reviewing feedback and buy-in from people in your organization. Throughout the year, you have been to trade shows, won and lost sales pitches, attended conferences, and have written blog posts, case studies, and weekly social media posts. Now, it is time to review and evaluate your plan.
With all that you have been doing, it’s unlikely you’ve had time to review your marketing plan, and you might feel off-track or worried that you aren’t hitting your goals. Follow GROWL’s guide to reviewing and updating your plan to drive positive results for the second half of the year.
Download our free review checklist below!
First things first, you need to assess the original strategy and goals. Ask yourself the following questions after reviewing your top goals and associated progress:
- Are your goals defined enough to be accomplished?
- Did you fully accomplish any of the goals: Why or why not?
- Have your goals or priorities changed?
Next, evaluate your campaign and marketing execution:
- Which campaigns are completed, and which ones need focus?
- Did you meet your campaign objectives? Why or why not?
Lastly, determine new opportunities:
- What growth opportunities do you see for the last half of the year?
- Are there any new marketing channels you want to target?
Check It Off
To help you stay on-track, utilize a marketing and sales checklist to help with monthly and quarterly planning. Continuously analyze and update your plan based on the data you are collecting. Although no plan is perfect, having one is a great place to start.