What is SEO?Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of modifying digital resources to increase organic visibility – optimizing keywords, links, and content helps your site naturally appear on search engines. Even with the rise of social media, search engines (like Google) drive 300% more traffic than social media and are essential to product and business discovery. Similar to other forms of digital marketing, SEO is continually evolving to align with user behavior and maximize search opportunities.
Search Engine Optimization 101Unlike 15 years ago, sites don’t get optimized just once. Today, with the hundreds of ever-evolving ranking factors and algorithms that Google uses, matched with AI influences, every keyword search worth something to someone is competitive. Thus, achieving a higher organic search rank is tough.” While it is crucial to stay up-to-date on ranking factors and the latest changes in SEO, every site can only be optimized so much. Google has revolutionized the internet by considering what other sites link to yours as a key ranking factor – especially rewarding links from websites with genuine authority (i.e., news, universities, and government).
Quick SEO Stats
- Search engines generate 93% of online experiences
- Over 87% of smartphone owners use a search engine at least once per day
- Most users ignore paid searches (approx. 80%)
Getting Started with 5 Quick Tips
- Understand user intent – today, SEO does not only consider keyword meaning but search intent.
- Monitor keywords and site traffic compared with SEO algorithm and ranking changes. Update your site with relevant keywords.
- Embrace voice search – how can your brand answer user questions?
- Consider branding as a ranking factor – mentions, sentiment, and reputation matter.
- Optimize mobile first.