Inbound Marketing SPECIALIST [INternship]
Do you enjoy long afternoon walks around Downtown Grand Junction and developing creative marketing campaigns? Then, this internship might be right for you.
GROWL is on the hunt for a creative, collaborative, and eager-to-learn marketer for our Fall Inbound Marketing Specialist Internship. As an outstanding candidate, you're a detail-oriented go-getter, ready to collaborate with our entire team, challenge yourself, and learn new things.
A role at GROWL is an opportunity to be part of something different. We believe in having a strong connection to our local community while creating an impact for our clients from coast to coast. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too.
Pursuing a bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or a related field
Experience in business, promotional sales, customer service, or related field preferred
Familiarity with HubSpot preferred
What is an Inbound Marketing Specialist, you ask? As GROWL's Inbound Marketing Specialist, you're engaged with a variety of our national clients. You'll support campaign development, create killer cross-channel marketing strategies, and learn the ins and outs of our favorite marketing technology (MarTech) software platforms (like HubSpot).
The inbound marketing methodology helps businesses grow by putting the customer at the center of all operations. The inbound methodology provides value through relationships vs pushy sales tactics; it's all about attracting, engaging, and delighting prospects and customers alike.
WHAT YOU’LL learn:
GROWL's Inbound Marketing Specialist will support research and development to create marketing strategies and campaigns for our clients while learning about agency life. Our inbound marketing specialist interns will:
- Be part of our MarTech team, learning from our marketing technologist and client success team
- Work with our MarTech and client success teams to get to know our clients, understand their business goals and how GROWL can execute on these goals
- Research and support client account auditing to identify:
- Customer trends
- Competitor offerings and advantages
- Key demographic/persona data
- Gaps in clients' offerings and strategies
- Work with MarTech team to create compelling, creative strategies for our clients' growth
- Execute on YOUR ideas by developing and presenting campaign strategies internally and learning how marketing technologies can facilitate success
- Learn how to build inbound marketing elements within MarTech software platforms, such as HubSpot
Inbound marketing elements can include: campaigns, reporting dashboards, emails, landing pages, forms, marketing automation workflows, etc.
- Help onboard clients — you'll learn the fundamentals of client communication and project management
- Support in building lead nurturing campaigns, including writing lead magnets (i.e., downloadable resources like ebooks) and developing associated elements, such as workflows, emails, and landing pages
- Help manage day-to-day office needs, such as ordering and restocking supplies
YOU ARE:GROWL's internships are designed to help you learn and grow. Although we don't expect you to come into our organization with all of the answers, we expect you to be open to learning, challenging yourself, and supporting our team.
- Able to work 25-29 hours/week at our Grand Junction Office
- Open and eager to learn new things
- Detail-oriented and able to work within the parameters of project guidelines and closely follow directions
- Able to meet tight deadlines
- Driven — you have an insatiable work ethic and take the initiative to find solutions independently
- Collaborative and overly communicative — you’re not afraid to ask questions or raise concerns
- A multi-faceted person who craves diversity in his/her work; a professional with a strong ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Technology trendsetter – easily pick up new concepts and processes
- Excellent attention to detail
- Familiarity with marketing and sales software, such as HubSpot, preferred
- Prior internship/professional office environment experience preferred, but not required
- Creative thinker with a passion for learning about the marketing industry
- Understanding of basic marketing concepts and consumer behavior
- Basic to intermediate understanding of social media and digital marketing efforts with a passion for marketing/social media/SEO/etc.
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Good communication, interpersonal, and teamwork skills
- Business/Marketing student (undergrad in their senior year or recent grad)
GROWL is a marketing technology consultancy and growth marketing agency that works with a variety of national clients. We are a HubSpot Agency Partner that specializes in inbound marketing and omnichannel lifecycle strategies that drive lead generation, brand evolution, and revenue growth. Our team is built of bold problem solvers who drive results. We are marketing technologists, RevOps strategists, inbound specialists, designers, developers, and storytellers. Fueled by the data-driven hustle, we’re all about growth.
GROWL is the place to carve your own path rather than wait for it to be shown to you. Surrounded by a team of clever minds, we empower you to be your best. A place where opinions are not only encouraged but expected. Why? Because we believe that collectively we should be better today than we were yesterday.
Hours: Part-time, 25-29 hours/week; M-F during regular business hours (8am-6pm)
Pay: $14/hr + academic credit
Growth: Opportunity for full-time employment
PERKS & BENEFITS
- Flexible time off, including 9 holidays and flex Fridays
- Hustle vibes in the heart of Downtown Grand Junction, in the heart of entertainment, dining, and more; just blocks from the best coffee shops, restaurants, and breweries
- Professional development opportunities
- Random GROWLtivities such as team lunches, happy hours, etc.
- Community engagement and volunteer opportunities
- Highly collaborative environment
- Direct deposit, time-off requests, and payroll easily accessible online
- Parking lot and nearby free parking